Transportation Project Engineer
WHO WE ARE:
Cowan Group Engineering (CGE) was founded on a simple idea: To be the Engineers of Choice for the State of Oklahoma. Our company strives to put the client first and that starts with our Team of employees. Our Team is highly valued, which you will experience firsthand when beginning a career with CGE. We have a culture focused on communication, integrity, knowledge, optimism, growth, and service; and have been recognized nationally as one of the fastest growing companies in America. CGE was named to the INC 5000 two years in a row and was named to the Metro 50 list of Oklahoma City’s fastest growing companies.
As a rapidly growing local Oklahoma company, we are a general civil engineering and land surveying company with over forty-five employees located in Oklahoma City. Our business culture is guided by innovative thinking, open and honest communication, using resources wisely, involving the customer early in the decision-making process, and investing in staff through training and job enrichment. Our company profile is diversified to meet the challenges of the economy and provide design and management services to public clientele and other Engineering companies in the State of Oklahoma. It is our vision to be the Engineer of Choice for the State of Oklahoma.
THE ROLE OF THE TRANSPORTATION PROJECT ENGINEER:
CGE is seeking a highly motivated Project Engineer with a valid/active State of Oklahoma Professional Engineer’s license, a Professional Engineer, to continue the tradition of providing reputable service to our clients. Someone with exceptional project design skills in transportation to oversee a variety of heavy highway transportation projects in our state. We desire a team-oriented leader who fosters a positive work atmosphere, is a collaborative partner and has a history of getting projects accomplished on-time and on-budget.
This position reports directly to a Team Lead and will:
- Direct multi-disciplinary teams.
- Possess key design experience with state government or municipal projects.
- Complete specialized and highly technical projects related to private and public improvements.
- Ability to market and secure new work.
- Help to conceptualize/create presentations to secure work.
- Conduct engineering calculations and detailed design for a variety of projects for transportation improvements.
- Analyze and design vertical and horizontal alignments following AASHTO specifications.
- Review Roadway, Bridge, Traffic and/or Sidewalk plans for completeness and adherence to ODOT/OTA requirements.
- Prepares high quality plan sets within budget and scope and on-time within Open Roads.
- Work collaboratively with Transportation Team to deliver client-driven engineering solutions.
- Coordinate with subconsultants to ensure plans continuity and project timelines are met.
- Design and analyze culverts and storm sewer systems.
- Possess strong working knowledge of ODOT/OTA standards and specifications as well as design to AASHTO and FHWA Guidelines.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Oklahoma.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
- 3-15 years’ experience in heavy highway transportation design and project management, including a history of working with public-sector agencies.
- Proven record and strong desire of providing superior client service.
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication are a must.
- Strength in identifying, developing, and interacting with existing and potential clients.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Ability to read and interpret contract documents and specifications.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage project team members. Must be very organized and have effective problem solving, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects/deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Strong computer skills including a working knowledge of Bentley OpenRoads or Autodesk Civil 3D and Microsoft Office products.
HOW TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Transportation Project Engineer.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. As a CGE team member, you will receive our tremendous benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid holidays, paid time off, etc.), plus a great 401(k) match. You will enjoy fun with the Team doing service projects in the city! Plus, we have incredible Team outings, summer picnics and holiday celebrations!
CGE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
(This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbents may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.)
CGE provided Individual Coverage to include Medical, Dental & Vision
401(k) with Company Match
CGE provided Life Insurance
CGE provided Short & Long-Term Disability
Paid Time Off
Flexible Work Schedule
Health & Wellness Program
Networking & Engagement Program
Giving Back Volunteer Opportunities
Referral Bonus Program