Cowan Group Engineering (CGE) is seeking a Team Lead with a valid/active State of Oklahoma Professional Engineer’s license, a Civil Engineer, with exceptional project management skills to oversee a variety of public projects in the State of Oklahoma. We are looking for a team-oriented leader who fosters a positive work atmosphere, is a collaborative partner and has a history of getting projects accomplished on-time and on-budget.
This position reports directly to a Managing Member or the Operations Manager and will:
- Direct multi-disciplinary teams.
- Direct team to produce construction drawings and specifications.
- Complete specialized and highly technical projects related to private and public improvements.
- Prepare scope, budgets and schedules.
- Ability to market and secure new work.
- Help to conceptualize/create presentations to secure work.
WHO WE ARE:
Cowan Group Engineering was founded on a simple idea: To be the engineers of choice for the State of Oklahoma. Our company strives to put the client first and that starts with our Team of employees. Our Team is most valued and when you start a career at Cowan you will get to experience that firsthand. We have a culture focused on communication, integrity, knowledge, optimism, growth, and service; and have been recognized nationally as one of the fastest growing companies in America. CGE was named to the INC 5000 two years in a row and was named to the Metro 50 list of Oklahoma City’s fastest growing companies.
As a rapidly growing local Oklahoma company, we are a general civil engineering and land surveying company with over twenty-five employees located in Oklahoma City. Our business culture is guided by innovative thinking, open and honest communication, using resources wisely, involving the customer early in the decision-making process, and investing in staff through training and job enrichment. Our company profile is diversified to meet the challenges of the economy and provide design and management services to public clientele and other Engineering companies in the State of Oklahoma. It is our vision to be the Engineer of Choice for the State of Oklahoma.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The ideal candidate will have a valid/active State of Oklahoma licensed Professional Engineer, with a Civil Engineering degree from an ABET accredited University. Candidates will have a minimum of 15 years’ combined experience in design and project management; and will have experience working on a variety of projects and a history of working with public-sector agencies.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to:
- Manage complex, multi-million-dollar capital project budgets.
- Proven record of managing multiple small and/or large-scale projects.
- Manage project activities, contractors, both internal and external multi-disciplinary teams.
- Oversee project commissioning, direction and mentoring.
- Understand and adhere to local, state and federal codes, laws and mandates.
- Keep projects on time and on budget, meet deadlines, be flexible and adjust priorities as needed.
- Promote a customer-oriented approach towards meeting client needs.
- Prepare and present clear and concise oral and written communications to clients and the public.
- Build trust with peers, contractors, community, stakeholders and leadership.
- Facilitate project concerns that are politically sensitive or environmental issue.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and scheduling.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. As a Cowan Group Team member, you will receive our tremendous benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid holidays, paid time off, etc.), plus a great 401k match. You will enjoy great times with the Team doing service projects in the city! Lastly, ask anyone on the Team, we have incredible Team outings, summer picnics and holiday celebrations!
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Team Lead.
(This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbents may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.)
Medical & Dental
Short & Long-Term Disability