Resident Engineer - Construction Management
WHO WE ARE:
Cowan Group Engineering (CGE) was founded on a simple idea: To be the engineers of choice for the State of Oklahoma. Our company strives to put the client first and that starts with our Team of employees. Our Team is most valued and when you start a career at Cowan you will get to experience that firsthand. We have a culture focused on communication, integrity, knowledge, optimism, growth, and service; and have been recognized nationally as one of the fastest growing companies in America. CGE was named to the INC 5000 two years in a row and was named to the Metro 50list of Oklahoma City’s fastest growing companies.
As a rapidly growing local Oklahoma company, we are a general civil engineering and land surveying company with over twenty-five employees located in Oklahoma City. Our business culture is guided by innovative thinking, open and honest communication, using resources wisely, involving the customer early in the decision-making process, and investing in staff through training and job enrichment. Our company profile is diversified to meet the challenges of the economy and provide design and management services to public clientele and other Engineering companies in the State of Oklahoma. It is our vision to be the Engineer of Choice for the State of Oklahoma.
THE ROLE OF THE RESIDENT ENGINEER:
CGE is seeking a highly motivated Resident Engineer with a valid/active State of Oklahoma Professional Engineer’s license, a Professional Engineer, to continue the tradition of providing reputable service to our clients. Someone with exceptional project leadership skills in transportation, to oversee a variety of public projects in our state. We desire a team-oriented leader who fosters a positive work atmosphere, is a collaborative partner and has a history of getting projects accomplished on-time and on-budget.
This position reports directly to the Director of Field Services and/or a Team Lead and will:
- Direct multi-disciplinary teams and field staff.
- Possess key experience with municipal or state government projects.
- Complete specialized and highly technical projects related to private and public improvements.
- Ability to market and secure new work.
- Help to conceptualize/create presentations to secure work.
- Provide all plan reviews, utility relocation verifications, survey, inspection, project documentation, initial residency audits, change orders, D.B.E. tracking, materials testing and certifications including final certification for projects included under Contract.
- Supervise construction inspection and material testing on highway and/or roadway projects and provide quality assurance that completed work is in compliance with the plans and specifications.
- Maintain accurate records and reports related to the project.
- Act as point of contact and coordinate directly with general contractor and negotiate change orders.
- Monitor progress against accepted construction schedule and review the Contractor’s progress reports. Assess the progress and inform the Project Manager and client in case of delay.
- Direct, assist and monitor the performance of Construction Inspection and Office Engineering staff.
- Oversee field site activities and provide technical advice on construction and design.
- Discuss deviations from specified construction materials and procedures with Project Manager and client.
- Regularly review and approve contract submittals and payment applications to contractors.
- Participate in contract close-out activities.
- Conduct all construction meetings and regular progress meetings with the contractor and appropriate personnel and report on any issues, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Oklahoma.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field from an ABET accredited university.
- 5+ years of Inspection experience in bridge, highway, and roadway projects, including a background in both field inspection and office engineering.
- Federal Aid project experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret contract documents and construction plans and specifications.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage project team members. Must be very organized and have effective problem solving, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects/deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
HOW TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject: Resident Engineer – Construction Management.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. As a CGE team member, you will receive our tremendous benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid holidays, paid time off, etc.), plus a great 401(k) match. You will enjoy fun with the Team doing service projects in the city! Plus, we have incredible Team outings, summer picnics and holiday celebrations!
CGE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
(This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbents may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.)
Medical & Dental
Short & Long-Term Disability