THE ROLE OF THE PROJECT ENGINEER:
Cowan Group Engineering (CGE) is seeking a highly motivated Project Engineer with a valid/active State of Oklahoma Professional Engineer’s license, a Civil Engineer, to continue the tradition of providing reputable service to our clients. Someone with exceptional project design skills in transportation, water or wastewater, to oversee a variety of public projects in our state. We need a team-oriented leader who fosters a positive work atmosphere, is a collaborative partner and has a history of getting projects accomplished on-time and on-budget.
This position reports directly to a Team Lead and will:
- Direct multi-disciplinary teams.
- Possess key design experience with municipal or state government projects.
- Complete specialized and highly technical projects related to private and public improvements.
- Ability to market and secure new work.
- Help to conceptualize/create presentations to secure work.
- Conduct engineering calculations and detailed design for a variety of projects, including transportation, water and wastewater.
WHO WE ARE:
Cowan Group Engineering was founded on a simple idea: To be the engineers of choice for the State of Oklahoma. Our company strives to put the client first and that starts with our Team of employees. Our Team is most valued and when you start a career at Cowan you will get to experience that firsthand. We have a culture focused on communication, integrity, knowledge, optimism, growth, and service; and have been recognized nationally as one of the fastest growing companies in America. CGE was named to the INC 5000 two years in a row and was named to the Metro 50 list of Oklahoma City’s fastest growing companies.
As a rapidly growing local Oklahoma company, we are a general civil engineering and land surveying company with over twenty-five employees located in Oklahoma City. Our business culture is guided by innovative thinking, open and honest communication, using resources wisely, involving the customer early in the decision-making process, and investing in staff through training and job enrichment. Our company profile is diversified to meet the challenges of the economy and provide design and management services to public clientele and other Engineering companies in the State of Oklahoma. It is our vision to be the Engineer of Choice for the State of Oklahoma.
THE IDEAL PROJECT ENGINEER CANDIDATE:
The ideal candidate will have a valid/active State of Oklahoma licensed Professional Engineer, with a Civil Engineering degree from an ABET accredited University. Candidates will have a minimum of 3-15 years’ combined experience in design and project management; and will have experience working on a variety of projects and a history of working with public-sector agencies.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to:
- Proven record and strong desire of providing superior client service.
- Outstanding verbal and interpersonal communication are a must.
- Very team oriented.
- Strength in identifying, developing, and interacting with existing and potential clients.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Proficient in reading and understanding plans and specs.
- Strong computer skills to include a working knowledge of Autodesk Civil 3D, Bentley OpenRoads and Microsoft Office products.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. As a Cowan Group Team member, you will receive our tremendous benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid holidays, paid time off, etc.), plus a great 401k match. You will enjoy great times with the Team doing service projects in the city! Plus, we have incredible Team outings, summer picnics and holiday celebrations!
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject: Project Engineer.
(This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbents may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.)
Medical & Dental
Short & Long-Term Disability