Professional Land Surveyor
Cowan Group Engineering (CGE) is seeking a Professional Land Surveyor with a valid/active State of Oklahoma Professional Land Surveyor’s license with exceptional project management skills to oversee a variety of public projects in the State of Oklahoma. We are looking for a team-oriented leader who fosters a positive work atmosphere, is a collaborative partner and has a history of getting projects accomplished on-time and on-budget.
This position reports directly to a Managing Member and will:
- Assist entire survey team in the preparation of topographic, property boundary, engineering design surveys and construction staking.
- Assist in processing of survey data and drawing production.
- Prepare schedules, project assignments and review completed work.
- Participate in a variety of projects across all disciplines of engineering.
- Set the foundation for Cowan Group projects by completing duties in the office and the field.
WHO WE ARE:
Cowan Group Engineering was founded on a simple idea: To be the engineers of choice for the State of Oklahoma. Our company strives to put the client first and that starts with our Team of employees. Our Team is most valued and when you start a career at Cowan you will get to experience that firsthand. We have a culture focused on communication, integrity, knowledge, optimism, growth, and service; and have been recognized nationally as one of the fastest growing companies in America. CGE was named to the INC 5000 two years in a row and was named to the Metro 50 list of Oklahoma City’s fastest growing companies.
As a rapidly growing local Oklahoma company, we are a general civil engineering and land surveying company with over twenty-five employees located in Oklahoma City. Our business culture is guided by innovative thinking, open and honest communication, using resources wisely, involving the customer early in the decision-making process, and investing in staff through training and job enrichment. Our company profile is diversified to meet the challenges of the economy and provide design and management services to public clientele and other Engineering companies in the State of Oklahoma. It is our vision to be the Engineer of Choice for the State of Oklahoma.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will have a valid/active State of Oklahoma Professional Land Surveyor license. Candidates will have a minimum of 2-5years’ combined survey related experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of surveying principles, methods and use of required field surveying equipment.
- Familiarity with state plane coordinates systems and geodetic calculations.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Experience with GPS, Total Station (robotic or conventional), laser levels and data collections systems.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Willingness to work in the office and in the field.
- Ability to travel out of town when required.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. As a Cowan Group Team member, you will receive our tremendous benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid holidays, paid time off, etc.), plus a great 401k match. You will enjoy great times with the Team doing service projects in the city! Lastly, ask anyone on the Team, we have incredible Team outings, summer picnics and holiday celebrations!
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject: Land Surveyor.
(This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbents may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.)
Medical & Dental
Short & Long-Term Disability