WHO WE ARE:
Cowan Group Engineering (CGE) was founded on a simple idea: To be the engineers of choice for the State of Oklahoma. Our company strives to put the client first and that starts with our Team of employees. Our Team is most valued and when you start a career at Cowan you will get to experience that firsthand. We have a culture focused on communication, integrity, knowledge, optimism, growth, and service; and have been recognized nationally as one of the fastest growing companies in America. CGE was named to the INC 5000 two years in a row and was named to the Metro 50list of Oklahoma City’s fastest growing companies.
As a rapidly growing local Oklahoma company, we are a general civil engineering and land surveying company with over twenty-five employees located in Oklahoma City. Our business culture is guided by innovative thinking, open and honest communication, using resources wisely, involving the customer early in the decision-making process, and investing in staff through training and job enrichment. Our company profile is diversified to meet the challenges of the economy and provide design and management services to public clientele and other Engineering companies in the State of Oklahoma. It is our vision to be the Engineer of Choice for the State of Oklahoma.
THE ROLE OF THE OFFICE COORDINATOR:
CGE is searching for a highly motivated and focused Office Coordinator that exhibits leadership and will help develop and maintain the company’s office operations and functions. The Office Coordinator is responsible for providing office management services to CGE. This includes maintaining office services and efficiency, assisting office staff, and maintaining office records.
- Ensure that information systems operate smoothly.
- Greet visitors and connect to proper staff members.
- Sort and distribute daily mail. Follow established procedures for mail and shipping.
- Assure that oral communication (both in person and by phone) is relayed to appropriate staff person.
- Assure requested announcements and information to be communicated to company staff is followed through.
- Program and communication activities including, but not limited to, meeting set up and follow up.
- Works as a team member to maintain and keep current the central files and CGE database.
- Make plans and preparations for meetings, conferences and conference telephone calls as required.
- Coordinate internal staff meetings.
- Assist in planning and scheduling of staff lunch meetings.
- Assist in planning and scheduling of professional lunch-n-learn meetings.
- Maintain computer and internet system with assistance from IT and CFO. Ensures that information systems operate smoothly.
- Monitor the use of supplies and equipment, ensuring an adequate inventory of office supplies.
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of office and field equipment.
- Oversee daily and weekly maintenance of office machines.
- Assure follow through on maintenance agreements or contracts.
- Receive and deposit funds in local bank account, following accounting procedures.
- Assist in binding and production printing.
- Assist in bidding, contract documents and specifications as needed.
- Assist in plan production copies and distribution.
- Complete special projects as assigned by CEO or CFO.
- Experience working in an office environment and supporting a team with project-based work.
- Social media coordination.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- College degree preferred.
- Notary preferred.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to effectively manage time, be flexible, and work on multiple administrative tasks.
- At least five years’ experience in related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and Outlook to produce documents, reports, presentations, spreadsheets, and charts.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with the proven ability to multi-task and operate successfully under tight deadlines and time pressures.
- Enjoys a fast paced, dynamic, challenging and team-oriented work environment.
- Computer literate.
HOW TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject: Office Coordinator.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. As a CGE team member, you will receive our tremendous benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid holidays, paid time off, etc.), plus a great 401(k) match. You will enjoy fun with the Team doing service projects in the city! Plus, we have incredible Team outings, summer picnics and holiday celebrations!
CGE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
(This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbents may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.)
Medical & Dental
Short & Long-Term Disability