WHO WE ARE:
Cowan Group Engineering was founded on a simple idea: To be the engineers of choice for the State of Oklahoma. Our company strives to put the client first and that starts with our Team of employees. Our Team is most valued and when you start a career at Cowan you will get to experience that firsthand. We have a culture focused on communication, integrity, knowledge, optimism, growth, and service. With us, you are not just an employee, you are part of a team! We provide opportunities for accelerated growth (both personally and professionally) and encourage a collaborative work environment. We are excited about our team members' passion and commitment to our vision of being the engineers of choice for the State of Oklahoma, as we provide stewardship solutions based on sound engineering principles with diverse professional experiences - and we like to have a little fun, too!
We are a dynamic, growing, locally owned and locally operated company where employees are valued and not just seen as a number. We are a general civil and land surveying company with over 25 employees with our corporate office located in Oklahoma City. Our business culture is guided by innovative thinking and open and honest communication. Our company profile is diversified to meet the challenges of the economy and provide design and management services to a variety of clients within the State of Oklahoma.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The Construction Manager is a collaborative, mission and vision-focused, as well as results-driven position. The position is responsible for developing and executing the construction services and communications strategy to generate broader awareness and engagement both internally and externally. Key functions for this position include monitoring construction progress site within a discipline or multiple disciplines, internal constructability reviews, written communications, digital communications, report writing and documentation.
The candidate who takes this position will be a self-motivated, hard-worker, who is persistent, resilient, and will have a go-above-and-beyond attitude. Professional appearance and a professional attitude are a must and previous experience in construction is highly preferred. A bachelor’s degree is required in a related field (construction management or civil engineering).
The ideal candidate will be well-versed and experienced in the following:
- Constructability plan review
- Contract Document and Specifications
- Construction Contract Advertising, Bidding and Negotiations
- Private Development Construction
- Public Construction
- Earthwork and Grading
- Drainage and Detention
- Water and Sewer
- Water/Sewer Treatment and Facilities
- Performance management, as required
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or similar work experience required
- 8+ years of experience in related field
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Highly organized in thought and action
- Demonstrated ability to manage large projects with multiple priorities
- Experience / understanding of Microsoft Office suite
The Construction Manager position will be based at the firm’s headquarters in Oklahoma City and will require travel.
- Coordinate and work closely with multiple Team Leaders and executive staff
- Plan, schedule for man-hour requirements along with project budgets
- Review proposed construction documents periodically during design and upon completion. Generate detailed comments and constructability reviews for review by Team Leader along with any cost saving recommendations.
- Field Observation and enforces construction contract requirements, coordinating with contractor, RPR, client and Team Leader
- Produces, obtains, and reviews daily and weekly observation reports using construction documents, project schedule and photos through electronic methods
- Reports to Owner(s) on predetermined frequency for project progress and updates
- Reports project progress to Team Leader using computer, phone on a daily and weekly basis
- Review’s contractor’s RFI’s, pay request information using written comments, construction documents, schedule and pay request form
- Creates forms and spreadsheets for all construction activities
- Effectively and efficiently communicates and coordinates with contractor and Team Leaders using computer, telephone, and email
- Coordinates, review, organizes and logs contractor submittals for approval and enforcement
- Plans and schedules team members, as required
- Other responsibilities include, but not limited to, planning, communication, attention to detail, sound judgement, problem solving, foresight, strong interpersonal skills, analytical and management
HOW TO APPLY:
As a Cowan Group Team member, you will receive our awesome benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid holidays, paid time off, long- and short-term disability and more) plus a great 401k match. Salary will be negotiated depending upon qualifications and experience.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Construction Manager.
(This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbents may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.)
Medical & Dental
Short & Long-Term Disability