Construction Management - Internship
WHO WE ARE:
Cowan Group Engineering (CGE)was founded on a simple idea: To be the Engineers of Choice for the State of Oklahoma. Our company strives to put the client first and that starts with our Team of employees. Our Team is highly valued, which you will experience firsthand when beginning a career with CGE. We have a culture focused on communication, integrity, knowledge, optimism, growth, and service; and have been recognized nationally as one of the fastest growing companies in America. CGE was named to the INC 5000 two years in a row and was named to the Metro 50 list of Oklahoma City’s fastest growing companies.
As a rapidly growing local Oklahoma company, we are a general civil engineering and land surveying company with over forty-five employees located in Oklahoma City. Our business culture is guided by innovative thinking, open and honest communication, using resources wisely, involving the customer early in the decision-making process, and investing in staff through training and job enrichment. Our company profile is diversified to meet the challenges of the economy and provide design and management services to public clientele and other Engineering companies in the State of Oklahoma. It is our vision to be the Engineer of Choice for the State of Oklahoma.
THE ROLE OF THE CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT INTERN:
This is a seasonal/temporary entry-level position with potential to gain a full-time employment offer. We desire team-oriented people who foster a positive work atmosphere, are collaborative partners and strive toward getting projects accomplished on time and on budget.
This position reports directly to a licensed Professional Engineer (PE) and will:
- Participate in 12-week hands-on intern program gaining experience in construction management related to a wide variety of civil engineering projects relating to water, wastewater, drainage, site design, land survey and/or transportation.
- Participatein multi-disciplinary teams to see project from start to finish.
- Gain experience in constructability plan review, contract documents and specifications.
- Display excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and with a team.
- Review specifications, contracts & bonds.
- Conduct on-site inspections.
- Complete inspection reports.
- Attend meetings with Construction Manager, Inspector and client.
The ideal candidate must be pursuing a Construction Management/Engineering degree and be within two years of anticipated graduation date, and:
- Desire to obtain hands-on learning in a wide variety of civil engineering disciplines including transportation, water, wastewater, drainage, land survey and/or bridge.
- Technical knowledge of engineering systems, materials and procedures.
- Display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and in a team setting with varying levels of professional staff.
- Strong attention to detail, and analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate when appropriate.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Autodesk Civil 3D, MicroStation and/or OpenRoads training or experience is highly preferred.
- Valid State of Oklahoma Driver’s license.
Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo pre-employment drug testing in accordance with the safety sensitive company policy.
HOW TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject: Construction Management Internship – Human Resources.
CGE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
(This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the joband is not all-inclusive. Incumbents may be expected to perform job-relatedduties other than those contained in this document and may be required to havespecific job-related knowledge and skills.)
CGE provided Individual Coverage to include Medical, Dental & Vision
401(k) with Company Match
CGE provided Life Insurance
CGE provided Short & Long-Term Disability
Paid Time Off
Flexible Work Schedule
Health & Wellness Program
Networking & Engagement Program
Giving Back Volunteer Opportunities
Referral Bonus Program