Engineer - Intern
THE ROLE OF THE ENGINEER - INTERN:
Cowan Group Engineering (CGE) is seeking candidates for a Summer Civil Engineering Internship. We are looking for a team-oriented people who foster a positive work atmosphere, is a collaborative partner and strives toward getting projects accomplished on-time and on-budget.
This position reports directly to a Project Engineer/Project Manager/Team Lead and will:
- Participate in 12-week hands-on intern rotation program gaining experience in a wide variety of civil engineering disciplines including water, wastewater, drainage, site design, land survey and/or transportation.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams to see project from start to finish.
- Assist in project surveying, data processing and analysis, production of construction drawings and specifications.
- Display excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and with a team.
WHO WE ARE:
Cowan Group Engineering was founded on a simple idea: To be the engineers of choice for the State of Oklahoma. Our company strives to put the client first and that starts with our Team of employees. Our Team is most valued and when you start a career at Cowan you will get to experience that firsthand. We have a culture focused on communication, integrity, knowledge, optimism, growth, and service; and have been recognized nationally as one of the fastest growing companies in America. CGE was named to the INC 5000 two years in a row and was named to the Metro 50 list of Oklahoma City’s fastest growing companies.
As a rapidly growing local Oklahoma company, we are a general civil engineering and land surveying company with over twenty-five employees located in Oklahoma City. Our business culture is guided by innovative thinking, open and honest communication, using resources wisely, involving the customer early in the decision-making process, and investing in staff through training and job enrichment. Our company profile is diversified to meet the challenges of the economy and provide design and management services to public clientele and other Engineering companies in the State of Oklahoma. It is our vision to be the Engineer of Choice for the State of Oklahoma.
THE IDEAL ENGINEER - INTERN CANDIDATE:
The ideal candidate must be pursuing a Civil or Biosystems Engineering degree from an ABET accredited University and be within two years of anticipated graduation date.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Desire to obtain hands-on learning in a wide variety of civil engineering disciplines including transportation, water, wastewater, drainage, land survey and/or bridge.
- Planning to take, or have already passed, the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam at the time of application.
- Interest in working towards obtaining their Professional Engineer license.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products is required.
- Experience in Autodesk CAD/Civil3D and/or Bentley OpenRoads is preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. As a Cowan Group Team member, you will receive our tremendous benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid holidays, paid time off, etc.), plus a great 401k match. You will enjoy great times with the Team doing service projects in the city! Plus,we have incredible Team outings, summer picnics and holiday celebrations!
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter, transcript(s) and resume to email@example.com with the subject: Internship.
(This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbents may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.)
Medical & Dental
Short & Long-Term Disability