Survey CAD Technician
WHO WE ARE:
Cowan Group Engineering (CGE) was founded on a simple idea: To be the Engineers of Choice for the State of Oklahoma. Our company strives to put the client first and that starts with our Team of employees. Our Team is highly valued, which you will experience firsthand when beginning a career with CGE. We have a culture focused on communication, integrity, knowledge, optimism, growth, and service; and have been recognized nationally as one of the fastest growing companies in America. CGE was named to the INC 5000 two years in a row and was named to the Metro 50 list of Oklahoma City’s fastest growing companies.
As a rapidly growing local Oklahoma company, we are a general civil engineering and land surveying company with over forty-five employees located in Oklahoma City. Our business culture is guided by innovative thinking, open and honest communication, using resources wisely, involving the customer early in the decision-making process, and investing in staff through training and job enrichment. Our company profile is diversified to meet the challenges of the economy and provide design and management services to public clientele and other Engineering companies in the State of Oklahoma.
THE ROLE OF THE SURVEY CAD TECHNICIAN:
Cowan Group Engineering (CGE) is seeking an experienced Survey CAD Technician to assist our survey team with the compilation, processing, and analysis of survey and GIS data along with processing surveys using AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microstation OpenRoad, and ArcGIS. To ensure success as a CAD/GIS Technician, you should have proven experience with either GIS or CAD and the ability and desire to learn the other.
The Survey CAD Technician reports to the Survey Manager and will:
- Play a key role in processing survey data and assisting with drawing production to ensure accurate and timely project deliverables.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to participate in a wide range of projects, contributing to survey and engineering efforts across different disciplines.
- Establish a strong foundation for CGE projects by fulfilling both office-based and field-based duties as required.
- Maintain a high standard of quality, accuracy, and professionalism in all survey-related activities.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with Survey Managers, Field Staff, and Clients to ensure smooth project execution and accurate data integration.
- Build and maintain 3D surface models using specialized software, accurately representing topography and land features.
- Write legal descriptions that precisely and comprehensively describe property boundaries and survey findings.
- Prepare exhibits and sketches for presentations, reports, and legal documentation.
- Utilize field data to create accurate record drawings and maps, ensuring data integrity and adherence to project requirements.
- Review legal descriptions, title information, and plats for accuracy and compliance with industry standards.
- Interpret maps and GIS data to extract relevant information for mapping and analysis purposes.
- Enter data into the GIS database, ensuring data accuracy, organization, and accessibility.
- Create maps using automated GIS software, adhering to established standards and design principles.
- Assist the GIS Team in citywide mapping projects and mapping of land-based features using ESRI ArcGIS software.
- Support the GIS Team with software installations and upgrades, providing technical assistance to clients and staff.
- Perform drafting and mapping operations, including the preparation of survey maps, subdivision pl0ats, boundary surveys, and topographic surveys using AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microstation OpenRoads Designer.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure the accuracy, quality, and timely completion of all mapping and survey-related tasks.
- Associate's degree or technical certification in GIS, Surveying, Cartography, or a related field. Bachelor's degree is a plus.
- At least 3 years of experience and/or training in either Autodesk Civil 3D software or ESRI ArcGIS desktop and online platforms.
- Proficiency in GIS software, particularly ESRI ArcGIS, and drafting software such as AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microstation OpenRoads Designer.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in data interpretation, mapping, and drafting.
- Familiarity with legal descriptions, surveying principles, and land-based features.
- Excellent communication skills to coordinate with various teams and assist clients with technical support.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with 3D surface modeling and mapping techniques is preferred.
- Enjoys a fast paced, dynamic, challenging and team-oriented work environment.
HOW TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Survey CAD Technician – Human Resources.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. As a CGE team member, you will receive our tremendous benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid holidays, paid time off, etc.), plus a great 401(k) match. You will enjoy fun with the Team doing service projects in the city! Plus, we have incredible Team outings, summer picnics and holiday celebrations!
CGE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
(This job description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbents may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.)
CGE provided Individual Coverage to include Medical, Dental & Vision
401(k) with Company Match
CGE provided Life Insurance
CGE provided Short & Long-Term Disability
Paid Time Off
Flexible Work Schedule
Health & Wellness Program
Networking & Engagement Program
Giving Back Volunteer Opportunities
Referral Bonus Program