CGE is searching for a highly motivated and focused Accounting Intern to join our team and work heavily alongside our Chief Financial Officer and Accounting Manager.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working on multiple assignments with defined timelines, goals and metrics, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
WHO WE ARE:
Cowan Group Engineering was founded on a simple idea: To be the engineers of choice for the State of Oklahoma. Our company strives to put the client first and that starts with our Team of employees. Our Team is most valued and when you start a career at Cowan you will get to experience that firsthand. We have a culture focused on communication, integrity, knowledge, optimism, growth, and service; and have been recognized nationally as one of the fastest growing companies in America. CGE was named to the INC 5000 two years in a row and was named to the Metro 50 list of Oklahoma City’s fastest growing companies.
As a rapidly growing local Oklahoma company, we are a general civil engineering and land surveying company with over twenty-five employees located in Oklahoma City. Our business culture is guided by innovative thinking, open and honest communication, using resources wisely, involving the customer early in the decision-making process, and investing in staff through training and job enrichment. Our company profile is diversified to meet the challenges of the economy and provide design and management services to public clientele and other Engineering companies in the State of Oklahoma. It is our vision to be the Engineer of Choice for the State of Oklahoma.
- Shadow members of the accounting department as they perform their duties.
- Assist in researching, file, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate Accounts Payable and Credit Card transactions.
- Prepare documentation for monthly account reconciliations.
- Assist in invoicing process and documentation.
- Support in preparation of monthly Financial Statements.
- Identify reporting needs from company leadership and present findings and solution.
- Enter new projects into accounting system.
- Prepare projects for closeout as they arise.
- Assist in general accounting operations as needed.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The ideal candidate must be pursuing an accounting, finance or economics degree from an accredited University and be within two years of anticipated graduation date.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Can-Do Attitude
- Outstanding verbal and interpersonal communication are a must
- Ability to generate creative new ideas
- Determination and thoroughness
- Ability to work with team members positively, coordinate workflows, and deliver ahead of deadlines
- Ability to maintain a current knowledgebase relevant to the position, as well as to creatively identify potential solutions and collaborate effectively to achieve success.
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel and Word.
Medical & Dental
Short & Long-Term Disability