Cowan Group Engineering was founded on a simple idea: To be the engineers of choice for the State of Oklahoma. Our company strives to put the client first and that starts with our Team of employees. Our Team is most valued and when you start a career at Cowan you will get to experience that first hand. We’ve have a culture focused on communication, integrity, knowledge, optimism, growth, and service. Our Team loves it and we would love to welcome you as the next Cowan Group Team member!
Your mission, if you choose to accept it, will vary. Duties include assisting our licensed surveyors in the preparation of topographic, property boundary, engineering design surveys and construction staking. You would also assist in processing of survey data and drawing production. You will be a part of differentiating Cowan Group from every other engineering firm out there.
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
- You enjoy solving problems. You like to take on challenges and find creative solutions. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it.
- You like helping people. You are patient, level-headed, and cool under pressure.
- You pay attention to the details. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right.
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things and you can learn quickly. You will be a pioneer with Cowan Group. Usually the first and often the last person on the ground for many of our projects.
- You communicate clearly.
- You are motivated and driven.
- You enjoy variety. At Cowan Group, you will have the opportunity to work with all disciplines of engineering.
- You love Oklahoma. Cowan Group strives to be the engineers of choice for Oklahoma and you would be an important part of making that happen.
- You want an opportunity for growth. Cowan Group wants to help you grow in many different areas from furthering your education to promotions within the company.
TO LAND THIS GIG YOU NEED:
- A minimum of 2-5 years of related experience.
- To be licensed as a Professional Land Surveyor or interested in pursuing a surveying license.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Solid knowledge of surveying principles and methods and use of required field surveying equipment
- Familiarity with state plane coordinates systems and geodetic calculations
- To be proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience with GPS, Total Station (robotic or conventional), laser levels and data collections systems
- Willingness to work in the office and in the field
- Ability to travel out of town when required
As a Cowan Group Team member, you will receive our awesome benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid holidays, paid time off, etc.) plus a great 401k match. You will also have the opportunity to enjoy great times with the Team doing service projects in the city! Lastly, ask anyone on the Team, we have awesome potlucks, summer picnics and holiday celebrations!
YOUR NEXT MOVE:
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Surveyor